Would you believe that you can gain at least SIX important nutrients and vitamins from a fun, hors d’oeuvre party treat? Well, we’re here to show you a thing or two! Our Dietitians have recommended this incredible Chilli Fried Vongole… hot off the frying pan, for you to try at your next dinner party.
This dish is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Zinc, Selenium, Potassium, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin A – what an all-rounder! It’s a crowd favourite and a family-friendly treat, so give it a go!
Chilli Fried Vongole
- 3 Tbs oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass bruised
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce
- 700g Vongole or clams
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 spring onions cut into 1cm lengths (additional for garnish optional)
- 2 fresh chilli
- 3 clove garlic
- 2cm ginger
- Pound garlic, chillies and ginger in mortar and pestle
- Heat oil in a wok and fry lemongrass and pounded ingredients
- Add the oyster sauce and vongole and cover the wok
- Once the clams have opened add water, sugar and cornflour. Salt if necessary.
- Simmer to form a gravy
- Remove from the heat, garnish and serve
Struggling to find the vongole or clams in your regular supermarket frozen section? Try swapping them for prawns!