If you are watching your weight, suffering from diabetes or just trying to cut down the sugar/carb intake, this cheesecake recipe modified from Southern In Law comes with the perfect low-fat twist for your goals! It is lower in fat than your regular baked cheesecake by relying on the blueberries for a natural sugar hit and the use of ricotta cheese also ups the overall calcium content.
Need we say more? …No? Okay, read on.
- 2 cups low fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup egg whites or one egg
- 1/4 cup plain flour/gluten-free flour
- 2-3 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, combine all of your ingredients except the blueberries.
- Divide the blueberries among each of the ramekins/muffin tin, adding just enough to cover the bottom.
- Pour your ricotta mixture over the top of the blueberries.
- Bake until set and the ricotta starts to turn golden.
- Serve warm in ramekins or chill in the fridge.
Looking for more healthy recipes for your family? Head over to the recipes tab on our blog page! Or, for tailored assistance managing your diet, get in contact with one of our Accredited Practising Dietitians right away!