Minestrone! When that word comes to mind, we instantly visualise a warm bowl of hearty soup, filled to the top with vegetables and pasta. What we bet you didn’t know is that Minestrone is one of the most versatile soups to make. It’s one of the easiest soups to sneak different vegetables and legumes into and is suitable for the whole family to eat!
- 1 T oil
- 1 rasher bacon
- 1 brown onion
- 1 turnip
- 1 potato
- 1 sticks celery
- 1 carrot
- 50g cabbage
- ½ C peas
- ¼ C pasta (Risoni)
- 1L salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can kidney or cannellini beans
- Cut all vegetables and bacon into small shapes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, potato, turnip and bacon to the pot. Stir and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add beef stock and can of tomatoes, bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins. Add water if necessary.
- Add shredded cabbage and pasta and cook for 10 mins.
- Add peas and beans, return to the boil.