This One-Pan Prawn Fajitas recipe is a great choice for a busy mum, executive or young person who is looking to boost their vitamin C (capsicum) and iodine (prawns) intake. With all of the COVID-19 chaos, immune function and overall body function has never been as important, and due to panic-buying and general hysteria, is becoming harder and harder to consider whilst in the supermarket. Our dietitians have modified an awesome recipe from No. 2 Pencil to make it a great, easy “throw in and go” one-pan spectacular!
It is extremely easy to make, requires minimal cleanup and most ingredients are available in frozen and canned varieties if your local supermarket is scarce!
One-Pan Prawn Fajitas
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 700 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced thin
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thin
- 1 green capsicum, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Several turns of freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Tortillas, warmed
Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celcius.
In a large bowl, combine onion, capsicum, prawn, olive oil, salt and pepper and spices.
Toss to combine.
Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread prawns, capsicum and onions on baking sheet.
Cook at 230 degrees for about 8 minutes.
Turn oven to broil and cook for an additional 2 minutes (or until prawn is cooked through).
Squeeze juice from fresh lime over fajita mixture and top with fresh coriander.
Serve in warm tortillas.
TIP: Remove shrimp tails prior to cooking for easier serving.