Let’s talk about Vitamin B6. Also known as Pyridoxine, Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin and is utilised through the body to make and use energy from protein and stored carbohydrates, as well as playing a major role in red blood cell formation and the transportation of oxygen throughout the body… So, yeah, you could say it’s little important. The real kicker when it comes to Vitamin B6, however, is our inability to produce it within the body. It MUST be obtained through diet, and can often co-exist with a number of diet-related conditions. It’s because of that, that our dietitians have put together this Pub Style Eggplant Parmy!
Digging deeper, this Eggplant Parmy could be a great option for anyone who is suffering from an autoimmune condition, impaired renal function or struggles with alcohol dependence, as they are all linked with a risk of lower Vitamin B6 concentrations.
So, let’s get into it!
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2cm thick slices
- 170g can tomato paste
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add eggplant to a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle salt over eggplant and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove eggplant slices from oven.
- Add tomato paste to each slice and top with cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Optional: Add other veggies on top! Try pineapple or avocado.
Pub-Style Eggplant Parmy Nutrition Stats
|Per Serve||Per 100g|