Looking for a quick, healthy meal with minimal pack-up responsibilities? Well, we’ve got the recipe for you! This one only requires a chopping board, knife and baking tray… AND it’s packed full of goodness (such as lycopene, potassium, B vitamins, vitamin C, fibre). Is there anything this Spanish Chicken can’t do? Probably not.
Keep on reading for our latest dietitian-recommended recipe!
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 new potatoes, quartered lengthways
- 8 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 8 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthways and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 field mushrooms, cut into 8 pieces
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and cut into strips
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the onions, potatoes, garlic, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes in a large roasting tin and season with olive oil, sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Toss everything together lightly and roast for 40 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast into quarters, season with pepper. Mix paprika and oregano.
- After 40mins add chicken and capsicum to a roasting tray and sprinkle the spice mix over vegetables and chicken and bake for 10 mins.
- Spoon tomato juices over chicken and bake for another 5-10mins until chicken is cooked through.