Office workers and busy executives! Stop relying on packaged foods for your lunch ideas and get with our Sweetcorn and Zucchini Fritters (modified from Taste). It’s a great way to boost your veggie intake across the day and is super easy to make ahead on the weekend! Eat one for a snack or two for more of a meal.
Sweetcorn and Zucchini Fritters
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Servings: 8 snacks
3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 cup reduced-fat milk
2 large corn cobs, kernels removed
1 zucchini, trimmed, grated
Spray olive oil, for shallow-frying
1 cup reduced-fat tzatziki dip, to serve (e.g. Black Swan Skinny Tzatziki)
- Sift flour into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, whisk milk and eggs together in a jug until combined. Pour over the flour. Stir until smooth.
- Add corn and zucchini. Stir until well combined.
- Add enough oil to a large, non-stick frying pan to cover the base. Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Using 1/4 cup of mixture per fritter, spoon mixture, 3 fritters at a time, into the pan.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and firm to touch in the centre.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Looking for more dietitian-approved recipes for your family? Head over to the recipes tab on our blog page! Or, for tailored assistance managing your diet, get in contact with one of our Accredited Practising Dietitians right away!