If you’re looking for a health-conscious, winter warming dessert option, you cannot go past this Two Minute Brownies recipe adapted from Running With Spoons! This awesome recipe caters to everyone, with options for gluten-free and vegan too, and is perfect if you’re the kind of person who can’t stop themselves at just one piece of cake!
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) flour
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) skim milk
- 1/2 medium-sized (50 g or 1/4 cup) ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 Tbsp (8 g) nut spread (for example, peanut butter)
- 2 tsp (8 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Swap skim milk for unsweetened almond milk and use dairy-free chocolate chips!
Swap flour for coconut flour! This option is also higher in fibre.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to a small bowl, mixing until well combined.
- Add the milk and mashed banana, stirring until no clumps remain.
- Add the nut butter, sugar, and vanilla, mixing well to ensure that everything is fully incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to an 8 oz. coffee mug or a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. If brownie has not set by then, continue to microwave in 30-sec intervals until desired consistency is reached.
- Carefully remove from microwave (mug will be hot!).
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, grab a spoon, and enjoy!
Looking for more healthy recipes for your family? Head over to the recipes tab on our blog page! Or, for tailored assistance managing your diet, get in contact with one of our Accredited Practising Dietitians right away!